Tuition feeSpatial Management BA in Engineering, 3 years
- The registration fee is 85 PLN
- Accommodation cost is not included.
- EU citizens and the Pole’s Card holders study free of charge.
About the Programme
Spatial Management is an interdisciplinary Bachelor’s Programme in Engineering (3,5 years), which combines specific knowledge and skills from different fields, like social sciences, economics, environmental and technical studies. During this programme students will gain complex knowledge of spatial planning and socioeconomic development at the regional, national, and international level.
The Core Courses
During the course students will learn how to shape public space and adjust it to the local needs.
Concentrated on the urban space, the course will help students understand the process of shaping the cities in order to create sustainable, functional, and attractive spaces.
Geographic Information System (GIS)
A big part of the programme is devoted to technical aspects. During courses like Geographic Information System students will have an opportunity to learn how to use the tools necessary in the future work in the profession.
Regional development policy
The course helps students understand and support the activities carried out jointly by the regional institutions.
Real estate management
During the course students will learn how the real estate market works, and how to operate in the purchase and sale areas.
Students will gain the knowledge essential for comprehensive environmental assessment for spatial management purposes.
The Structure of the Programme
General and basic subjects such as:
Mathematics, Economic geography, Sociology, Physics, Technical and planning drawing, Macroeconomics
Multi-area subjects such as Fundamentals of spatial management, Spatial planning, Spatial analysis techniques
Technical studies subjects: Fundamentals of cartography and geodesy, Fundamentals of building construction, Urban design
Social sciences subjects: Regional development policy, Real estate management, Urban renewal
Environmental studies subjects such as Urban physiography, Environmental factors of spatial management.
Advantages of the Programme
- A chance to shape, create, and develop future city landscapes
- Interdisciplinary character of studies
- Classes in small groups, conducted in computer labs, design studios, as well as outdoors
- Opportunities of exchange mobilities within the framework of Erasmus+ and MOST programmes
- Summer Traineeship
- High-tech educational methods and tools
- International environment
Career possibilities<br />
- A graduate of this programme
- can work as a city planner, urban open space designer, civil servant, strategic planning specialist, real estate appraiser, spatial data analyst
- can continue studies on the MSc level