Tuition feeEnglish for Academic Purposes- Preparatory Course (1-6 semesters)
- The registration fee is 85 PLN
- Accomodation cost is not included.
- EU citizens and the Pole’s Card holders study free of charge.
About the Programme
The University of Opole invites you to participate in the English for Academic Purposes Preparatory Course, which is meant to give the international students language skills necessary to succeed in their further studies or career paths.
It can be a stepping stone for those who have just finished high schools and need assistance and additional skills to have a smooth transition to life in academia. On the other hand, our course will come in handy for those who simply want to refresh their knowledge before they find themselves in the labour market.
Under careful supervision of our faculty and in a diverse and friendly environment, students will develop their understanding of the Polish culture, learn the basics of intercultural communication and get equipped with all aspects of the English language.
- Our primary goal is to improve your language and communication skills indispensable for studying at a European university. We focus on English, so that you are able to use it effectively both in the academic environment and in everyday situations. You will also learn the basics of Polish necessary to live and feel comfortable in Poland.
- Our programme is student oriented – we strive to enhance the quality of education by means of individual approach and work in small groups, so that we can keep a close eye on their progress and achievement and rendertimely assistance, if needed.
- Realizing the trends of modern society and enhanced mobility of people, especially students, all around the world, we want to support the multicultural community formed at our university. Not only students will immerse themselves into the Polish culture, but they will also be a part of the culturally diverse learning environment, make new friends and gain truly international perspective.
Terms and fees
* One year programme
October 3 – June 26
Tuition fee is 1160 euro and 85 zl of non-refundable registration fee.
Tuition fee is transferred to the individual bank account received by each student upon registration, before the beginning of each semester.
* One semester programme
First semester: October 3 – February 09
Second semester: February 13 – June 26
Tuition fee is 580 euro and 85 zl of non-refundable registration fee.
Tuition fee is transfered to the individual bank account received by each student upon registration, before the beginning of studies.
Tuition fee per semester is paid in full.
The programme we have designed is flexible – you can choose the duration depending on your background and future plans. It is up to you how much time you will spend with us.
Advantages of the Programme
Candidates are rendered assistance from the very moment they take a decision to join the course. Our staff will lead you through the registration process and visa procedures, providing you with all the documents and information required.
The University of Opole is one of the few institutions entitled to organize official state language examinations, thus, it is a good motivation to improve your language skills and to have them confirmed with an official certificate.
Participants of Preparatory course receive a status of a student of the University of Opole and enjoy the same rights and have the same opportunities as our regular students.
5 or 9 months in Poland is enough to explore the educational offers and choose the academic field that would fit best your interests and intentions.