Tuition fees and refunds
Your application will be processed after you pay the registration fee in the amount of 85 PLN.
It is to be paid to your personal account number generated by the system, that will be displayed in “Payments” section after you register for the programme.
Tuition fee has to be paid within 14 days from the date when a candidate was accepted for studies.
Tuition fee for undergraduate and graduate programmes amounts to 3400 PLN (approx.750 EUR) per semester / 6800 PLN (approx.1500 EUR) per one academic year.
* For English Philology (undergraduate and graduate) and English in Public Communication Programmes the tuition fee amounts to 2500 PLN (approx. 550 EUR) per semester / 5000 PLN (approx. 1100 EUR) per one academic year.
Amount of the tuition fee and refund policy were set by Regulation no. 35/2022 by the Rector of the University of Opole from 30 of March 2022. Amounts of tuition fee for particular study programmes is included in the Appendix no. 2 to abovementioned Regulation no. 35/2022.
Payment of the tuition fee for the first semester of studies is to be made to the bank account number (for candidates from outside of Poland) sent to the candidate on request.
Confirmation of payment for visa procedure is issued on request and upon submission of the payment receipt.
Studies free of charge
Tuition fee shall not be charged from the following foreigners (only when a foreigner applies for a study program in Polish language or for English Philology; for all other programs in English language candidates will have to pay the tuition fee) :
- holders of a valid Polish Card (Karta Polaka) or holders of decision on validation of his/her Polish origins;
- holders of a permanent residence permit or holders of a European Community long-term residence permit issued in Poland;
- holders of a refugee status in Poland or granted temporary or complementary protection in Poland;
- holders of a certificate confirming his/her command of Polish language at minimum C1 level, issued by the State Commission for the Certification of Proficiency in Polish as a Foreign Language;
- residing in Poland and being EU/EFTA citizens or their family members;
- holders of a temporary residence permit (fixed-term residence permit) issued:
- for the purposes of family reunification;
- due to the fact that he/she is a holder of a European Community long-term residence permit issued in another EU country;
- due to the fact that he/she is a member of the family of a holder of a European Community long-term residence permit issued in another EU country;
- residing in Poland and being a spouse, ascendant (parent) or descendant (child) of a Polish citizen.
Foreigners can be exempt from paying the tuition fee on the basis of:
1) administrative decision of the rector, director of the PAN institute, or director of the research institute;
2) decision of the Minister or the NAWA director regarding the scholarship holders. Check NAWA scholarship programmes.
Refund of tuition fee
Tution fee can be refunded in full only in the case of resignation from the studies before the decision about opening of a study program will be made. The Application for refund of tuition fee have to be submitted to Office of Academic and Student Affairs – International Students Office by 14 of September 2022.
When a candidate applies for refund between the period between 14 of September and 30 of September, the tuition fee will be reduced by 10% [ten percent].
When the student applies for refund after 1st of October, the tuition fee will be reduced proportionally to the costs of classes which were already conducted. Costs will be calculated from the 1st of October to the day when Application for refund will be submitted to the Dean’s Office of a proper Faculty.
! Refunds are possible only if applications are submitted before the end of the period for which the tuition fee was paid.
If you pay for the first semester of your studies, a refund will be possible only if you submit the application before the winter examination session. By the time the examination session starts, the refunded amount will have been completely reduced proportionally to the costs of classes which were already conducted.
How to apply for tuition fee refund?:
- Download chart for IBAN details.
- Fill the chart with correct and full information. Refund can be done only to the bank number of the payer – a person from whose bank account number tuition fee was paid. In the case, other IBAN details are provided, refund will not be processed.
- Send filled chart and tuition fee payment receipt generated from your bank to email@example.com
- International Students Office will make the Application for refund and sent it to you via e-mail for signature.
- Send the signed Application back to International Students Office which will submit it to the Finance Department.
Refund policy was set by Regulation no. 35/2022 by the Rector of the University of Opole from 30 of March 2022.
Refund of registration fee
Candidates can apply for refund of registration fee by 31st of October 2022.
Registration fee can be refunded only in the following cases:
1. If the programme has not been open due to the lack of the candidates registered;
2. If a candidate has overpaid by mistake;
3. In the case of invalid registration – the lack of registration for a programme or specialisation or after the deadline.
Having been admitted to studies, you have to make all payments (tuition fee, payment for a student ID, etc.) to the individual account number assigned to students in USOS system (you will receive an email with the USOS system information when you become a student).
- Download the Application for refund of registration fee form.
- Fill in the form and send it to our e-mail address at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not cover the currency conversion fees or any other expenses related to oversees payments.