Organisation of the Academic Year 2018/2019

Adaptation Day – 28.09.2018 (Friday)

Inauguration of the Year – 03.10.2018 (Wednesday)

Feast of the University – 10.03.2019 (Sunday) – 13.03.2019 (Tuesday)

Fall term

  • 01.10.2018 – 29.01.2019* – Classes
  • 02.11.2018 – Day off
  • 24.12.2017 – 06.01.2018 – Christmas break
  • 30.01.2018 – 12.02.2018 – Exam session
  • 13.02.2018 – 17.02.2018 – Semester break
  • 18.02.2018 – 01.03.201 – Make-up exam session
    * 28th 2019 (monday) classes will be held according to schedule proposed for Thursday; 29th January 2019 (Tuesday) classes will be held according to schedule proposed for Friday.

Spring Term

  • 18.02.2019 – 14.06.2019* – Classes
  • 13.03.2019- Day off (Feast of the University)
  • 18.04.2019 – 23.04.2019 – Easter break
  • 02.05.2019 – Days off
  • 17.06.2019 – 28.06.2019 – Exam session
  • 02.09.2019 – 13.09.2019 – Make-up exam session
    *29th April 2019 (Monday) classes will be held according to schedule proposed for Tuesday

Public Holidays:

  • New Year’s Eve – January 1
  • Epiphany – January 6
  • Easter – 21st April – 22nd April
  • Labour Day – May 1
  • Constitution Day – May 3
  • Corpus Christi – June 20
  • Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary – August 15
  • All Saints’ Day – November 1
  • Independence Day – November 11
  • Christmas – December 25-26

Acceptance of your application

After your application is received the Departmental Coordinator at OU will check, whether your Learning Agreement is complete, and if the subjects of your choice will be available. Once this has been accepted, the paper is sent back back to the International Office, the Institutional Erasmus Coordinator prepares your Acceptance Letter, and sends it back along with the signed Learning Agreement to the address of your International Office.


Find yourself a place to live!

You might want to find a flat in advance, but the easiest way is to apply for accommodation at one of our dormitories. You have to fill in the Application for Accommodation form and send it to the Erasmus office together with the rest of the documents.


Make sure you have insurance!

If you are an EU/EEA citizen you need to apply for the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which – in case of illness or accident – you need to show to your doctor along with an ID card, passport, etc. This will provide you with free healthcare in this country.If you come from a country that is not a member of EU/EEA, you need to purchase health insurance before departure. Once in Poland, faced with a health problem, your insurance company will schedule a consultation at the medical centre they have signed an agreement with. Or, you will have to pay for being examined, but the costs will be reimbursed by your health insurance company afterwards.


Complete the official paperwork!

Members of the UE/EEA have it a bit easier at start. You just need a valid passport or ID card to enter and reside in Poland for up to three months. If you need to stay longer, you need to apply for a Temporary Residence Permit at the Regional Office in Opole. Don’t worry; we will help you with that.

Non-EU/EEA citizens have a bit more paperwork to do before they arrive to Poland. Why? Because you will probably need a visa (it depends on your country, so you have to check beforehand). Short-term visa allow staying in Poland for up to three months, long-term visas – up to a year.  Make sure you apply for a right one. Students who have received their visas do not need to apply for temporary residence as described above.