This year, from 12 July to 12 August, the University of Opole is hosting about 70 students from Taiwan, China, and Kazakhstan – participants of the Summer University 2019 programme. We are very excited and concerned at the same time, as we have prepared a very busy timetable for them, as well as a rich extracurricular programme full of integration activities, workshops, trips, and visits to the local museums and cultural centres.
You might be part of this ambitious project as well and assume a role of Buddy Mentor. You can contribute with your experience of living in Opole, knowing the best ways to spend free time here, and being able to assist our guests with some practical everyday issues.
What we offer?
As a Buddy Mentor, you can:
- attend all the classes and afternoon workshops offered to the students within the Summer University 2019 programme
- join the trips to Kraków and optionally to Wroclaw
- visit the Open-Air Museum of Rural Architecture in Bierkowice, the Moszna Castle, National Centre of Polish Song, and the Museum of Prisoners-of-War in Łambinowice.
- get the certificate of participation in the Summer University 2019 programme as a Buddy Mentor and broaden your experience in intercultural communication
What we expect from you?
- Proficiency in English at least at B2 level (confirmed during the interview) or English+Polish B2 level.
- Availability 10 hours a week and flexibility.
- Availability and willingness to spend some time with SU2019 students at the weekend.
- Creativity (we would ask you to organize some integration activities for students)
- Ability to self-organize and work in a team (under a bit of supervision)
- Motivation and positive attitude
- Readiness to post on Instagram and FB during the project
How to apply?
If you are interested and wish to volunteer, answer several questions here and submit your application before 15 June 2019. Having got to know you, we will choose 6 most suitable candidates.
ReThink Finance – project meeting in Siena, Italy
W dniach 29-30 maja 2023 r. na Uniwersytecie w Sienie (Włochy) odbyło się spotkanie w ramach projektu "ReThink Finance - integracja innowacyjnych paradygmatów i technologii cyfrowych w nauczaniu finansów". Jest to projekt realizowany w ramach programu Erasmus+, Akcja...
Study for free with NAWA!
Poland My First Choice is the programme addressed to people who want to study full-time courses at MA degree. The programme announced by NAWA Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange makes it possible to study for free at the chosen public university and offers a...
UO Job Fair!
Dear Students! We would like to invite you to take part in the 9th edition of the UO Job Fair! The event is a great opportunity to find out about current job offers on the labor market. The Fair is organised with UO students and graduates in mind, as it provides an...