Intercultural Typography research project
Call for Applications
we are seeking students from different disciplines who are interested in participating in a research project on Intercultural Typography. The work in a form of Erasmus+ traineeship will take place at the Moving.Lab association in Luxembourg and will involve cooperation with different scientific units in Luxembourg, Trier (Germany), Dijon (France) and Opole (Poland).
The aim of the project is to understand the diversity of experiences of using native typefaces (alphabets) in daily digital interactions and switching to latin script and emoji or other different types of representation of language in the relation to the users’ identity.
The project will involve, reading, meeting experts, interviewing international students, conducting digital ethnography, making 3 field trips to work with experimental design and intercultural communication students in Trier (Germany) and Esch (Luxembourg).
There are two options of participation, the short and the long one:
- From Dec 15 to May 30. It translates into a 550 EUR monthly scholarship (for 5.5 months) – it will include 2-3 major scientific events in Luxembourg and/or nearby Trier and Dijon.
- From Dec 15 to Feb 15. It translates into a 550 EUR monthly scholarship (for 2 months) – it will include 1 major scientific events in Luxembourg and/or nearby Trier.
The application should be sent to dr. Michał Wanke (email@example.com) by Saturday, Dec 8, 23.59 GMT+1 (Warsaw time). Application should include:
- Cover (motivation) letter
- Short essay about your thoughts and your personal relation to the use of texts, alphabets and fonts (max. 5000 chars.)
- A short bio, inc. your educational background, English proficiency level and – if applicable – your BA or MA past/present/future research topics
- Please, state in the application whether you are interested in: A) full participation (5.5 months), B) partial participation (2 months) or C) either of the options.
The number of slots is limited.
Christmas Meeting Faculty of TheologyChristmas Without Borders This event was organized under the patronage of the Bishop of Opole in close cooperation with the Opole Technical University, University of Opole, and the city of Opole. The meeting took place on December...
Christmas Fair University of OpoleDear Students! We would like to invite you all to the Christmas Fair at our Univeristy.Join us for some hot tea, coffee, and bbq dishes, on December 17, 2018 at 12 pm in front of the Student Culture Centre. During the event you will...
On Thursday, 13 December 2018 the University of Opole will host a delegation of Brawijaya University, Indonesia. 13 Vice Deans and five administrative staff members headed by Dr. Sihabudin, S.H., M.H., Vice Rector for Administration and Finance of the University will...