This year, from 12 July to 12 August, the University of Opole is hosting about 70 students from Taiwan, China, and Kazakhstan – participants of the Summer University 2019 programme. We are very excited and concerned at the same time, as we have prepared a very busy timetable for them, as well as a rich extracurricular programme full of integration activities, workshops, trips, and visits to the local museums and cultural centres.
You might be part of this ambitious project as well and assume a role of Buddy Mentor. You can contribute with your experience of living in Opole, knowing the best ways to spend free time here, and being able to assist our guests with some practical everyday issues.
What we offer?
As a Buddy Mentor, you can:
- attend all the classes and afternoon workshops offered to the students within the Summer University 2019 programme
- join the trips to Kraków and optionally to Wroclaw
- visit the Open-Air Museum of Rural Architecture in Bierkowice, the Moszna Castle, National Centre of Polish Song, and the Museum of Prisoners-of-War in Łambinowice.
- get the certificate of participation in the Summer University 2019 programme as a Buddy Mentor and broaden your experience in intercultural communication
What we expect from you?
- Proficiency in English at least at B2 level (confirmed during the interview) or English+Polish B2 level.
- Availability 10 hours a week and flexibility.
- Availability and willingness to spend some time with SU2019 students at the weekend.
- Creativity (we would ask you to organize some integration activities for students)
- Ability to self-organize and work in a team (under a bit of supervision)
- Motivation and positive attitude
- Readiness to post on Instagram and FB during the project
How to apply?
If you are interested and wish to volunteer, answer several questions here and submit your application before 15 June 2019. Having got to know you, we will choose 6 most suitable candidates.
Class timetables, grades, questionnaires, documents, the newest information, search engine – you can have these and many other functions in your pocket! Mobile USOS application launches on 25 of January. Just log in and use it!Mobile USOS is the only mobile...
Jazmin Del Salto - first-year student at Master of Liberal Arts program In 2020 a record number of international students was accepted to the University of Opole. Around 380 students from all over the world have started their Bachelor's and Master's studies at our...
We are pleased to share with you the information from Fundacja Edukacyjna Perspektywy (Educational Foundation Perspectives) which is looking for the best foreign student in Poland: Until 20.01.2021. you can send the names of candidates for the INTERSTUDENT which is...