This year, from 12 July to 12 August, the University of Opole is hosting about 70 students from Taiwan, China, and Kazakhstan – participants of the Summer University 2019 programme. We are very excited and concerned at the same time, as we have prepared a very busy timetable for them, as well as a rich extracurricular programme full of integration activities, workshops, trips, and visits to the local museums and cultural centres.
You might be part of this ambitious project as well and assume a role of Buddy Mentor. You can contribute with your experience of living in Opole, knowing the best ways to spend free time here, and being able to assist our guests with some practical everyday issues.
What we offer?
As a Buddy Mentor, you can:
- attend all the classes and afternoon workshops offered to the students within the Summer University 2019 programme
- join the trips to Kraków and optionally to Wroclaw
- visit the Open-Air Museum of Rural Architecture in Bierkowice, the Moszna Castle, National Centre of Polish Song, and the Museum of Prisoners-of-War in Łambinowice.
- get the certificate of participation in the Summer University 2019 programme as a Buddy Mentor and broaden your experience in intercultural communication
What we expect from you?
- Proficiency in English at least at B2 level (confirmed during the interview) or English+Polish B2 level.
- Availability 10 hours a week and flexibility.
- Availability and willingness to spend some time with SU2019 students at the weekend.
- Creativity (we would ask you to organize some integration activities for students)
- Ability to self-organize and work in a team (under a bit of supervision)
- Motivation and positive attitude
- Readiness to post on Instagram and FB during the project
How to apply?
If you are interested and wish to volunteer, answer several questions here and submit your application before 15 June 2019. Having got to know you, we will choose 6 most suitable candidates.
On 4-5 Nov 2019 the University of Opole hosted a “kick-off-meeting” of an european project “Technologically enhanced online opportunities for language learning in inclusive education”. The project is carried out within the framework of the Strategic Partnership...
ATTENTION! CAE EXAM will take place in AULA BŁĘKITNA (room 301) in Collegium Maius and not in 206. The time of the exam sessions stays unchanged: SESSION 1 - 12:00, SESSION II - 4:00 P.M. All participants are asked to bring a pencil and a pen. SEE YOU NEXT WEEK! More...
We invite you to a talk by dr. Agnes Eross of the Geographical Institute Research Centre for Astronomy and Earth Sciences, Hungary. Dr. Eross is currently a visiting professor to the Department of Sociology, where she teaches a class in the Intercultural Communication...