Interdisciplinarity and Transdisciplinarity – Science for Society and Human Beings, 17-18 April 2018
is an inclusive conference on the state of contemporary academia held as part of
This conference is devoted to multiple aspects of interdisciplinarity and transdisciplinarity in various national and global contexts. Special focus will be given to how (social) sciences can be used to enhance academic interactions and communication and might include, among others, the following themes:
- the (dis)advantages of interdisciplinarity and transdisciplinarity
- doing science for (rather than on) society and human beings
- local identities vs. globalization of science and academia
- cultural diplomacy and higher education
- English as a lingua franca of academia; dominance of Anglo-American academic traditions
- research and teaching cooperation programmes – good practices and achievements,
- quality and comparability of research/teaching programmes;
- new methods/technologies in academic teaching/research
- research excellence indicators: global/local perspectives
Students and PhD candidates who would like to share their research projects and discuss them with experts are welcome to join the conference panel for students held on 18 April 2018.
To take part please register through an online form and include the topic of your proposed presentation with a short abstract by 1 April 2018. Papers accepted for the conference should be 15 minutes long.
The participation in the conference is free of charge. Conference papers will be published in “Pogranicze. Polish Borderlands Studies“, an interdisciplinary on-line academic journal founded and published by the Institute of Political Sciences, University of Opole.
The Journal publishes articles (in the Polish and English languages). The articles will be published in an open access.
Should you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.